Skip to main content

Photo-Manipulation Genius

Photo-Manipulation by C Gilbert
In doing some research during my lunch period today I came across some photo manipulations by Christophe Gilbert. (His work was featured in one of the psdTut articles.) I found his website and browsed through some of his photos. It's artsy stuff - lots of nudes too, but it's beautiful work that has some rather deep pathos. Looks like he's done quite a number of advertizement photo-manipulations too. One I really looked at was interesting. There were lots of people in the photograph and all of their faces were obscured, all except that of the happy person in the car. He has a lot of women he's airbrushed white and changed the colors of their eyes and done things like what you see in the photo - I'd never have thought to make the eye look like a ring in that way. Talk about creative perceptions!





by LSD Photography
Another article I looked at was about LSD Photography based in Italy. The next photo is something that resonated with me. I grinned and couldn't wait to share it. I don't think that men who cry are babies, but the point is obvious with this photo - so much so that it doesn't need any explanation to get the idea across. That's what I call effective photography/art.








And here's one more photo manipulation from a different company based in Spain called Garrigosa Studios. Talk about seamless manipulations! I can't imagine having the tools and ability (and imagination) to create things like these. I'm super impressed by this sort of thing and would love to eventually be able to create things like this in my own work. But there's very little call for this kind of photo manipulation in my line of work.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hang a Star - Illustration

The original sketch for "Hang a Star". I love to draw snowmen and little animals in scenes. Here's the completed illustration - colored digitally in photoshop.

Stitching Project: Bear

Found a pattern for a simple bear on pinterst - decided to do one of them yesterday evening. It didn't take long and I think it turned out ok. What do you think? I'm not crazy about the shape of the arms - am going to make those a little different next time. I enjoyed doing it so much that I think I'm going to re-purpose those millions of old shirts into cute little plush dolls I can send with our church members when they go on various mission trips. And I should have enough left to put into an Operation Christmas Child box or two this fall.

Curse of Royalty Series is available now!

Curse of Royalty 4 Volume Series Read them now! All four volumes are available at Smashwords at a discount! Or get them at Barnes & Noble or Amazon or request them with Overdrive . And just for you sweet people who visit my blog - discount codes!   Drayden's Queen, Vol 1, FREE on Smashwords . No code needed. Abandoned Queen, Vol 2 , discounted 75% on Smashwords. Enter code: ED27P   Foolish Queen, Vol 3 , discounted 50% on Smahswords. Enter code: BG78W   Cursed Queen, Vol 4 , discounted 25% on Smashwords. Enter code: RN63N