Skip to main content

Philippe Faraut - Sculptor

A few years ago my sister sent me a youtube video link to a video of Philippe Faraut doing a time lapsed sculpture. I was memorized. I've done some figurative sculpture and have been wanting to do more in the last little while but knowing how I am, I figured the best way would be to take a trip that centered around a sculpture seminar. I've always worked at a tiny scale - not because I wanted to, but because I couldn't afford to use so much clay at one time. One of the things on my bucket list is to go to one of his seminars during my vacation. It'll probably be four or five years in the future, but I'm going to do it.

Another youtube video I saw that day was this one by Joanna Mozdzen. She doesn't teach seminars like Philippe does, but I learned some about the process from watching her video.

Soon, I'm going to have to get my hands into some clay. A year or so ago I did a few steampunk inspired sculptures with some sculpey clay and various metal found pieces. Those two pieces turned out great, but since sculpey is so expensive, I was limited as to size. The final pieces I made were probably not even three inches high.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hang a Star - Illustration

The original sketch for "Hang a Star". I love to draw snowmen and little animals in scenes. Here's the completed illustration - colored digitally in photoshop.

Stitching Project: Bear

Found a pattern for a simple bear on pinterst - decided to do one of them yesterday evening. It didn't take long and I think it turned out ok. What do you think? I'm not crazy about the shape of the arms - am going to make those a little different next time. I enjoyed doing it so much that I think I'm going to re-purpose those millions of old shirts into cute little plush dolls I can send with our church members when they go on various mission trips. And I should have enough left to put into an Operation Christmas Child box or two this fall.

Curse of Royalty Series is available now!

Curse of Royalty 4 Volume Series Read them now! All four volumes are available at Smashwords at a discount! Or get them at Barnes & Noble or Amazon or request them with Overdrive . And just for you sweet people who visit my blog - discount codes!   Drayden's Queen, Vol 1, FREE on Smashwords . No code needed. Abandoned Queen, Vol 2 , discounted 75% on Smashwords. Enter code: ED27P   Foolish Queen, Vol 3 , discounted 50% on Smahswords. Enter code: BG78W   Cursed Queen, Vol 4 , discounted 25% on Smashwords. Enter code: RN63N