Skip to main content

Box Castle

My parents just purchased a new clothes washer and dryer. They kept the boxes thinking that maybe their grandchildren would play in them. I was looking for something to do and was talking with Mom about it and so I decided to fix the boxes up so the kids can play in them. I would've reinforced the seams with some duct tape or something so that they'd last longer, but Mom said it's probably going to be one of those things where they play with the box once or twice and then it goes to the recycle bin, so I didn't reinforce it. I didn't decorate them either since I figure they'll have a really short shelf life.
 
Photographs are below. Sorry for the picture orientation being off. Since I'm working on my parent's machine I wasn't able to get the photographs to import correctly for some reason. They're turned in the folder preview. I turned and resized/resaved the original files so I could post them, and I even renamed them, but they're importing here sideways. Yeah - that's the glories of technology never cease.
 
Original box
Door in box 1
Door in box 1 from inside
 
window in box 1
window in box 1 from inside
 
 
door in box 2 (there are two kids after all)

Window in box 2 from inside
 
window in box 2
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stitching Project: Bear

Found a pattern for a simple bear on pinterst - decided to do one of them yesterday evening. It didn't take long and I think it turned out ok. What do you think? I'm not crazy about the shape of the arms - am going to make those a little different next time. I enjoyed doing it so much that I think I'm going to re-purpose those millions of old shirts into cute little plush dolls I can send with our church members when they go on various mission trips. And I should have enough left to put into an Operation Christmas Child box or two this fall.

Hang a Star - Illustration

The original sketch for "Hang a Star". I love to draw snowmen and little animals in scenes. Here's the completed illustration - colored digitally in photoshop.

Curse of Royalty Series is available now!

Curse of Royalty 4 Volume Series Read them now! All four volumes are available at Smashwords at a discount! Or get them at Barnes & Noble or Amazon or request them with Overdrive . And just for you sweet people who visit my blog - discount codes!   Drayden's Queen, Vol 1, FREE on Smashwords . No code needed. Abandoned Queen, Vol 2 , discounted 75% on Smashwords. Enter code: ED27P   Foolish Queen, Vol 3 , discounted 50% on Smahswords. Enter code: BG78W   Cursed Queen, Vol 4 , discounted 25% on Smashwords. Enter code: RN63N