Skip to main content

Made Me Cry...

I've been reading the "Redemption" series by Terri Blackstock. (Last Light is the first of that 4 book series.) Basic synopsis is that it's about a series of events that occur after the world's electronic gadgets are destroyed by "pulses". I don't want to give much away if any of you think you may like to check the story out, but I can say that near the end of the fourth book, I found my eyes tearing up and my nose running while I read the events leading up to the end of the series. I kept having to clear my eyes so I could continue reading. If you're looking for a few good books to read, I would recommend the series - though not perfect, it taught me things and challenged me in ways few fictional books have.

Candle Light by Marie Toutoule
Some of the things in the story surprised me, particularly by how believable they were. The main thing was how she depicted the Christian characters and their individual struggles - it was realistic - not that superficial drivel you find in a lot of "Christian" fiction. Also surprising was how fast the country fell into anarchy. But I think the thing that most surprised me was that I actually thought - several times, I have to admit - that something like that happening in the US wouldn't be that bad a deal. It would spur the church to be sifted. We'd have to toughen up enough to do what we are called to do/be. I'm not saying that I would particularly savor the idea of no transportation, no air conditioning, or the idea of having to make or grow everything I would need - of not having running water and of losing all of the other conveniences that we in the US take for granted, but I think some honest hard work would benefit us in oh so many ways.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hang a Star - Illustration

The original sketch for "Hang a Star". I love to draw snowmen and little animals in scenes. Here's the completed illustration - colored digitally in photoshop.

Stitching Project: Bear

Found a pattern for a simple bear on pinterst - decided to do one of them yesterday evening. It didn't take long and I think it turned out ok. What do you think? I'm not crazy about the shape of the arms - am going to make those a little different next time. I enjoyed doing it so much that I think I'm going to re-purpose those millions of old shirts into cute little plush dolls I can send with our church members when they go on various mission trips. And I should have enough left to put into an Operation Christmas Child box or two this fall.

Curse of Royalty Series is available now!

Curse of Royalty 4 Volume Series Read them now! All four volumes are available at Smashwords at a discount! Or get them at Barnes & Noble or Amazon or request them with Overdrive . And just for you sweet people who visit my blog - discount codes!   Drayden's Queen, Vol 1, FREE on Smashwords . No code needed. Abandoned Queen, Vol 2 , discounted 75% on Smashwords. Enter code: ED27P   Foolish Queen, Vol 3 , discounted 50% on Smahswords. Enter code: BG78W   Cursed Queen, Vol 4 , discounted 25% on Smashwords. Enter code: RN63N