Skip to main content

Little Break In


Yep, that's a broken shed door lock. I cut grass over the long weekend and when I went around to the shed to get out my mower I realized I didn't need a key to get in. Someone had pried the lock. Thankfully nothing seemed to be missing or tampered with, but I keep thinking that they just pried the lock in preparation to come back and clean the shed out. Now I'm going to have to replace the lock doohickey and for good measure. I think I'm going to board up the cute little shed window - board it on the inside, cause it's so cute. Should anyone decide they're going to knock the window in, well, I guess I'll board it on the outside then.

I've got to go to the hardware store to get something to replace this broken one with. Every night I've been praying that God scares the culprits into staying away, at least until I can manage to get the lock system replaced/upgraded. I almost hope it was just some juvenile kids instead of some of the other malcontents in the neighborhood. If it was some kids trying things out, I hope they get caught soon. I think that if there was some kind of consequence for their bad behavior that they may remember it the next time they're tempted to do something like tear up a neighbor's shed lock just cause they feel like it.

I'm considering putting up a few of those deer cameras - you know, the ones that take photos only when there's movement. I'd probably get lots of doggie pictures - it seems that the neighborhood dogs use my yard as their own public bathroom... yep, the joys of owning your own home have been intensified by stepping in other people's dog poop.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hang a Star - Illustration

The original sketch for "Hang a Star". I love to draw snowmen and little animals in scenes. Here's the completed illustration - colored digitally in photoshop.

Stitching Project: Bear

Found a pattern for a simple bear on pinterst - decided to do one of them yesterday evening. It didn't take long and I think it turned out ok. What do you think? I'm not crazy about the shape of the arms - am going to make those a little different next time. I enjoyed doing it so much that I think I'm going to re-purpose those millions of old shirts into cute little plush dolls I can send with our church members when they go on various mission trips. And I should have enough left to put into an Operation Christmas Child box or two this fall.

Curse of Royalty Series is available now!

Curse of Royalty 4 Volume Series Read them now! All four volumes are available at Smashwords at a discount! Or get them at Barnes & Noble or Amazon or request them with Overdrive . And just for you sweet people who visit my blog - discount codes!   Drayden's Queen, Vol 1, FREE on Smashwords . No code needed. Abandoned Queen, Vol 2 , discounted 75% on Smashwords. Enter code: ED27P   Foolish Queen, Vol 3 , discounted 50% on Smahswords. Enter code: BG78W   Cursed Queen, Vol 4 , discounted 25% on Smashwords. Enter code: RN63N