Skip to main content

10.7.3.1

David Gainous preached a sermon a few weeks ago with something he called 10.7.3.1 - it's the four things you need to know. Stanley Mearse, our Children's Minister, latched onto it and now we're in full blown 10.7.3.1 mode. I'm enjoying it. We've made little die-cut brochures, Andrew Macker, our new media guy, helped with a video and Stanley just finished the bulletin board.

Stanley's 10.7.3.1 Bulletin Board

10 Commandments
7 Days of Creation
3 Letters of Salvation (ABC)
1 God

I thought it was ingenious and was surprised that no one in the Christian community had put it together like that before. It's very edgy - Andrew chose the font we're using for it all (Octin Prison Free from dafont.com). I've really enjoyed working on the imagery. Stanley sent me a few stills from the video and I photoshop-ed in the prison photo height marks before bringing them into the brochure document.

His bulletin board looks great. He's got some of those nice document storage boxes and has attached those to the board - on the outside he has house numbers attached. On the inside covers, there are Polaroid photos of the kids that I whipped up this morning and on the inside of the boxes he's got the info pages I laid out this morning.

I think what I love the most about this is that it's simple - anyone can learn these.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hang a Star - Illustration

The original sketch for "Hang a Star". I love to draw snowmen and little animals in scenes. Here's the completed illustration - colored digitally in photoshop.

Stitching Project: Bear

Found a pattern for a simple bear on pinterst - decided to do one of them yesterday evening. It didn't take long and I think it turned out ok. What do you think? I'm not crazy about the shape of the arms - am going to make those a little different next time. I enjoyed doing it so much that I think I'm going to re-purpose those millions of old shirts into cute little plush dolls I can send with our church members when they go on various mission trips. And I should have enough left to put into an Operation Christmas Child box or two this fall.

Curse of Royalty Series is available now!

Curse of Royalty 4 Volume Series Read them now! All four volumes are available at Smashwords at a discount! Or get them at Barnes & Noble or Amazon or request them with Overdrive . And just for you sweet people who visit my blog - discount codes!   Drayden's Queen, Vol 1, FREE on Smashwords . No code needed. Abandoned Queen, Vol 2 , discounted 75% on Smashwords. Enter code: ED27P   Foolish Queen, Vol 3 , discounted 50% on Smahswords. Enter code: BG78W   Cursed Queen, Vol 4 , discounted 25% on Smashwords. Enter code: RN63N