Skip to main content

Calligraphy: Murder Sin


"Murder Sin In Its Infancy" - calligraphy by JFleming 2016

"Murder sin in its infancy" is a phrase I have oft repeated to myself as a reminder of how quickly thoughts can grow to become actions. If I am merciless with the cute little baby thoughts - thoughts that seem innocent and sweet by killing them in the cradle, then there is no opportunity for that sin to grow into full fledged adult sins with drivers licenses and such that wreak havock within my relationship with Christ.

Christ has liberated me from the tyranny of sin by paying the ultimate price - he purchased me and my life and my rights to be the driver of my own life. How can I "add my spittle to those who spat upon the cross" by consciously allowing sin to gain any foot hold in my life?

Wish it was always easy to recognize and fight that fight. I cannot do it on my own - it is only through His power that I even recognize anything as sin. He is the one who keeps me on the narrow path and I praise Him for it.

[Verse: Colossians 3:5 - and here's an interesting study on this topic]




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stitching Project: Bear

Found a pattern for a simple bear on pinterst - decided to do one of them yesterday evening. It didn't take long and I think it turned out ok. What do you think? I'm not crazy about the shape of the arms - am going to make those a little different next time. I enjoyed doing it so much that I think I'm going to re-purpose those millions of old shirts into cute little plush dolls I can send with our church members when they go on various mission trips. And I should have enough left to put into an Operation Christmas Child box or two this fall.

Hang a Star - Illustration

The original sketch for "Hang a Star". I love to draw snowmen and little animals in scenes. Here's the completed illustration - colored digitally in photoshop.

Curse of Royalty Series is available now!

Curse of Royalty 4 Volume Series Read them now! All four volumes are available at Smashwords at a discount! Or get them at Barnes & Noble or Amazon or request them with Overdrive . And just for you sweet people who visit my blog - discount codes!   Drayden's Queen, Vol 1, FREE on Smashwords . No code needed. Abandoned Queen, Vol 2 , discounted 75% on Smashwords. Enter code: ED27P   Foolish Queen, Vol 3 , discounted 50% on Smahswords. Enter code: BG78W   Cursed Queen, Vol 4 , discounted 25% on Smashwords. Enter code: RN63N