Skip to main content

All Strings Attached - Music Lessons Logo for Dreamcatchers Web Design

Thank God for great friends. This freelance job came into being for me because a friend of mine talked me up to someone she met at work and that someone actually went online to check out my portfolio. I hope to soon develop a strong working relationship with Rachael and her great web design company, Dream Catchers Web Design. The below design is for one of Rachael's clients who teaches music lessons. The deal was for a simple "turn this sketch into something digital" project.

Here's their original sketch with the progression of my rendered designs. The vector designs were created in illustrator CS6. Not much special stuff in there, but I think it's a pretty good rendering from the solid directions Rachael passed along from her client and from the sketch.
All Strings Attached - Provided Sketch and rendering roughs



But I can't leave well enough alone. Below is a super rough sketch I haven't shown to the client yet. We made a deal for a simple (cheap) rendering of their sketch, but while I was watching TV one evening I sketched out an idea or two - the most successful of which is below. I was thinking if the client was looking for something that might work better as a logo, then something like the below may make her happier in the long run. Lots of kinks to work out in the sketch, but the basic idea is there. Would love to talk her into something a tad more simple - the multiple requirements for the design (include the microphone, the bass guitar and the music) make for a fun design challenge, but if it's shrunk down, as logos often are, she may not be as in love with it.

All Strings Attached - My Sketch Rough 01 - J Fleming 2015


Update on this job - the client decided that they didn't want to go this route, so these ideas never quite made it into the computer.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stitching Project: Bear

Found a pattern for a simple bear on pinterst - decided to do one of them yesterday evening. It didn't take long and I think it turned out ok. What do you think? I'm not crazy about the shape of the arms - am going to make those a little different next time. I enjoyed doing it so much that I think I'm going to re-purpose those millions of old shirts into cute little plush dolls I can send with our church members when they go on various mission trips. And I should have enough left to put into an Operation Christmas Child box or two this fall.

Hang a Star - Illustration

The original sketch for "Hang a Star". I love to draw snowmen and little animals in scenes. Here's the completed illustration - colored digitally in photoshop.

Curse of Royalty Series is available now!

Curse of Royalty 4 Volume Series Read them now! All four volumes are available at Smashwords at a discount! Or get them at Barnes & Noble or Amazon or request them with Overdrive . And just for you sweet people who visit my blog - discount codes!   Drayden's Queen, Vol 1, FREE on Smashwords . No code needed. Abandoned Queen, Vol 2 , discounted 75% on Smashwords. Enter code: ED27P   Foolish Queen, Vol 3 , discounted 50% on Smahswords. Enter code: BG78W   Cursed Queen, Vol 4 , discounted 25% on Smashwords. Enter code: RN63N