Skip to main content

DNA Splicing creates Unicorns or the End of Humanity?


http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0480249/

If they created a unicorn, would it be cute or scary?
Ok, here's some food for thought - or, for nightmares. I can't wrap my head around the possibility of researchers making fantasy creatures like unicorns or griffins or trolls become reality, and think I'm going to leave that for God to worry about, but the idea is intriguing. We'd in essence be creating a kind of X-Men type situation - guys with wings or x-ray vision... creepy, really.

So initially while listening to the below radio interview, I thought this was silly, simply alarmist mumbo-jumbo, but was surprised by the articles from "reputable" sources even I could find that backed up what they were talking about. I know researchers have been doing stem cell research and DNA tampering for ages (well, for as long as I can remember anyway) and I have seen those pictures of how scientists have grown human ears on the backs of rats and how they have been trying to grow various human organs in pigs, sheep, cows, etc.

The below Josh Tolley (joshtolley.comradio interview with Thomas Horn (with Raiders News Update) mentions that DARPA currently has multimillion dollars as a line item in their budget - all set aside for research towards using DNA tampering to militarize various human enhancements like night vision, increased strength/endurance, etc. The idea that governments are trying to scramble to create policy to catch up with the possibilities of genetically altered animals/people, etc... yeah, sounds like some sci-fi nonsense that would make a great move, but not so wonderful if it's  happening in real time.

What I'm wondering is how far God is going to allow us to get before He steps in to shut all of that nonsense down. Will He allow us to create a "new form of humanity"? Lots of interesting and potentially fatal "I Am Legend" situations could possibly come from all of this but who will stop the scientists from doing this kind of research? They're looking to "perfect" humanity and in our imperfection, I just don't see it coming to any good end.

In the radio interview Thomas Horn said you can email him for the 200 page academy of medicine report or the "Strategic Perspectives Intel DVD". I have no plans to do that, but some of you may be interested in that.

Anyway - don't take my word for any of this - do some of your own research.

Ok, I know the cover pic on this radio interview is horrendous, but it certainly seems legit and an even if it isn't, it's an interesting interview.

An article from Reuters: Scientists want debate on animals with human genes
An article from NBC: Scientists Create Animals that are Part Human
This is the mail article that brought this issue to Josh Tolley's attention:150 human animal hybrids grown in UK labs: Embryos have been produced secretively for the past three years
Interesting report mentioned in the interview: Splicing Life report from 1980s

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hang a Star - Illustration

The original sketch for "Hang a Star". I love to draw snowmen and little animals in scenes. Here's the completed illustration - colored digitally in photoshop.

Stitching Project: Bear

Found a pattern for a simple bear on pinterst - decided to do one of them yesterday evening. It didn't take long and I think it turned out ok. What do you think? I'm not crazy about the shape of the arms - am going to make those a little different next time. I enjoyed doing it so much that I think I'm going to re-purpose those millions of old shirts into cute little plush dolls I can send with our church members when they go on various mission trips. And I should have enough left to put into an Operation Christmas Child box or two this fall.

Curse of Royalty Series is available now!

Curse of Royalty 4 Volume Series Read them now! All four volumes are available at Smashwords at a discount! Or get them at Barnes & Noble or Amazon or request them with Overdrive . And just for you sweet people who visit my blog - discount codes!   Drayden's Queen, Vol 1, FREE on Smashwords . No code needed. Abandoned Queen, Vol 2 , discounted 75% on Smashwords. Enter code: ED27P   Foolish Queen, Vol 3 , discounted 50% on Smahswords. Enter code: BG78W   Cursed Queen, Vol 4 , discounted 25% on Smashwords. Enter code: RN63N