Skip to main content

Zoetrophe Adventure

So, I finished the preliminary flat zoetrophe 10.7.3.1 tract this week. It's super simple and I used the design elements from a previous brochure for each "explanation" page. Each animation could only be six frames long. I have a new admiration for those people who do animation and do it well cause I now know that's definitely not my calling.

So, yeah, it was a challenge to get it animated, but the main challenge this week was to get the booklet printed. I don't know what buttons I pushed to cause such a problem, but for some reason InDesign was printing the booklet out of order even though I had set things up like I have always done. I'm still scratching my head about that one. It took me over an hour to figure out what the problem was and to finally print out the few copies I needed, but if I want to save the booklet as a pdf, I'll have to re-order the pages again. - sigh- the joys of modern technology, right?

The animations turned out pretty fair. But considering that I've never done any frame animation, I'm reasonably proud of the results. I've used Flash but that's nothing like having to draw every frame of the animation. At least in Flash you have the ability to draw the beginning then draw the end and create a tween that does all the middle work for you. I still think that program is a bit clunky, but compared to what it was when I was in college (one of the previous Macromedia versions), the newest version is a whipper snapper and far more streamlined. I love that new bone tool they've developed.

Anyway, I used Photoshop to create a quick little animation of the booklet (sans the zoetrophe decoder part, of course). The animation that's the most interesting is the purple one of the praying person - the rest were super simple. I'm not sure how effective that one is, but the concept of Christ coming into your heart seems to be illustrated with it ok. The target audience is children, but I think most adults would enjoy looking at it too.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hang a Star - Illustration

The original sketch for "Hang a Star". I love to draw snowmen and little animals in scenes. Here's the completed illustration - colored digitally in photoshop.

Stitching Project: Bear

Found a pattern for a simple bear on pinterst - decided to do one of them yesterday evening. It didn't take long and I think it turned out ok. What do you think? I'm not crazy about the shape of the arms - am going to make those a little different next time. I enjoyed doing it so much that I think I'm going to re-purpose those millions of old shirts into cute little plush dolls I can send with our church members when they go on various mission trips. And I should have enough left to put into an Operation Christmas Child box or two this fall.

Curse of Royalty Series is available now!

Curse of Royalty 4 Volume Series Read them now! All four volumes are available at Smashwords at a discount! Or get them at Barnes & Noble or Amazon or request them with Overdrive . And just for you sweet people who visit my blog - discount codes!   Drayden's Queen, Vol 1, FREE on Smashwords . No code needed. Abandoned Queen, Vol 2 , discounted 75% on Smashwords. Enter code: ED27P   Foolish Queen, Vol 3 , discounted 50% on Smahswords. Enter code: BG78W   Cursed Queen, Vol 4 , discounted 25% on Smashwords. Enter code: RN63N