Skip to main content

Am I looking for a “Perfect Horse”?

“He who wait for perfect horse have mighty long walk” - Cameron

I thought for sure I’d abandoned even the idea of finding anyone, let alone a perfect someone to share my life with, but when I read that line, I laughed and identified. I’ve been reading a book that challenges me not to mope about being single, but to embrace this period of my life in such a way as to make it interesting enough to look forward to. In reading some of the passages, I’ve realized that I’ve put my life on hold and that I’ve not tried to figure out who I am, what I like and such. Generally speaking, I don’t like to focus on those kinds of things just because it seems selfish of me, but there isn’t anyone else in my life that will be hurt if I focus on figuring those things out. And there may never be someone and in more ways than one, I’m starting to get used to that idea.

I mean, if I were married, the hair in the drain wouldn’t be just mine, and I’d have to worry about whether or not he’d be ok with each penny spent and each decision made. Right now, my decisions only affect me. Right now, if I want to walk around in the buff, I can – as long as the shades are drawn. Right now, I can pick up and go on a long trip without much holding me back from it – well, relationally speaking. There really are a lot of advantages to being single.

Being alone worries me sometimes, especially as I see my reflection aging because I figure with each wrinkle, each pound my chances of catching the eye of someone special dwindles. But when there’s no pressure – no physical pressures of dating, no demands on my time for a relationship, no insane expectations to live up to – yeah, being single certainly has its advantages.

And the more I think about it, save the acute loneliness of the single life, I think that the list of pro’s is longer than the list of con’s. I know that God’s promised to provide everything I “need”. So, that line of reasoning leads me to believe that I don’t need a husband right now. That’s comforting and strangely encouraging. I can focus on God as the only one I have to please and that’s got its own sets of challenges, so I’m glad I don’t have to worry about a husband’s expectations too.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hang a Star - Illustration

The original sketch for "Hang a Star". I love to draw snowmen and little animals in scenes. Here's the completed illustration - colored digitally in photoshop.

Stitching Project: Bear

Found a pattern for a simple bear on pinterst - decided to do one of them yesterday evening. It didn't take long and I think it turned out ok. What do you think? I'm not crazy about the shape of the arms - am going to make those a little different next time. I enjoyed doing it so much that I think I'm going to re-purpose those millions of old shirts into cute little plush dolls I can send with our church members when they go on various mission trips. And I should have enough left to put into an Operation Christmas Child box or two this fall.

Curse of Royalty Series is available now!

Curse of Royalty 4 Volume Series Read them now! All four volumes are available at Smashwords at a discount! Or get them at Barnes & Noble or Amazon or request them with Overdrive . And just for you sweet people who visit my blog - discount codes!   Drayden's Queen, Vol 1, FREE on Smashwords . No code needed. Abandoned Queen, Vol 2 , discounted 75% on Smashwords. Enter code: ED27P   Foolish Queen, Vol 3 , discounted 50% on Smahswords. Enter code: BG78W   Cursed Queen, Vol 4 , discounted 25% on Smashwords. Enter code: RN63N