Skip to main content

Just do something!

I'm so tired of hearing about how politicians need to "compromise" and do what that particular politician wants them to do. I'm tired of those same politicians saying that there needs to be tolerance when they're the most intolerant people in the universe.

This debt problem that our government has is a ridiculous problem. Anyone in his or her right mind wouldn't purposely spend more than they took in OR pay $1400 for a hammer that cost $8.50 at the hardware store OR award billions of dollars (they'd have to borrow from a foreign country) to someone to study the effects of methane on ants or some other foolish thing.

If I could speak with the leaders in congress and the house right now, and knew that what I said would make a dent in their stiff-necked stances, I'd let them know in no uncertain terms that they were all fired and that we're starting over. Pay off the debt we have so we won't be in such a bind, get rid of welfare (cause since the "war on poverty" began during President L's term poverty's gotten worse, not better since the government started throwing money at people who won't work), and stop spending money that isn't in your wallet. If it were possible, I'd cut politician's salaries by half, especially if they don't bother to show up at work.

It angers me that something that should be common sense has become some ridiculous political war. And our current president is standing in the middle of it, smiling and having a good ol' time because he knows he's not doing his part either and he loves all the chaos. I mean, if he didn't love all that chaos, he'd not have been the lawyer for ACORN all those years. I shutter to think that he'll get re-elected in 2012. I mean, even the people I know who voted for him in the beginning are worried about his performance and have no intentions to vote for him again. (Ok, so it’s about four of the five people I know who voted for him saying that. The fifth person just voted for him because he was of the same ethnic background as she is and doesn’t follow what he’s actually doing.)

Anyway, that’s just my opinion. And I have to say that I’m a little more sensitive to this right now because I’ve been listening to Alistiar Begg on Truth for Life here recently and he’s been in I Corinthians – yeah, a book that really could be written to any church in America right now. For those of you who do not follow that speaker, he preaches through books of the bible – he’s not a topical preacher. So, he has taken I Corinthians and has been handling it in order – so in the last few days he’s hit us with the whole don’t sue your brother in Christ thing and the “you’re a new creature so act like it” thing and other very important basic principles that Paul presented to the Corinthians in that letter. That letter has always been, in my own humble opinion, something that I believe I and other American Christians should take special notice of. Anyway, I’m just rambling now…

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hang a Star - Illustration

The original sketch for "Hang a Star". I love to draw snowmen and little animals in scenes. Here's the completed illustration - colored digitally in photoshop.

Stitching Project: Bear

Found a pattern for a simple bear on pinterst - decided to do one of them yesterday evening. It didn't take long and I think it turned out ok. What do you think? I'm not crazy about the shape of the arms - am going to make those a little different next time. I enjoyed doing it so much that I think I'm going to re-purpose those millions of old shirts into cute little plush dolls I can send with our church members when they go on various mission trips. And I should have enough left to put into an Operation Christmas Child box or two this fall.

Curse of Royalty Series is available now!

Curse of Royalty 4 Volume Series Read them now! All four volumes are available at Smashwords at a discount! Or get them at Barnes & Noble or Amazon or request them with Overdrive . And just for you sweet people who visit my blog - discount codes!   Drayden's Queen, Vol 1, FREE on Smashwords . No code needed. Abandoned Queen, Vol 2 , discounted 75% on Smashwords. Enter code: ED27P   Foolish Queen, Vol 3 , discounted 50% on Smahswords. Enter code: BG78W   Cursed Queen, Vol 4 , discounted 25% on Smashwords. Enter code: RN63N