Skip to main content

Lost in the land of "er"

Passed out last night - always wondered what that would feel like. I never want to do that again. It wasn't much fun.

My parents came and picked me up - took me to the "ER". I got my first EKG and now am toting around one of those annoying ECG machines. Thankfully, I only have to wear it for 24 hours. The doctor told me to take it super easy for the next three days. I'm glad that most of the crazy busy stuff at work happened last week.

While we were there, I sent a text to my boss that told him I was in the "er". My parents and I laughed about it. It's like the land of Ur but... not. Guess you had to be there, huh?

I've got a few bruises but I think things are fine. I'm finally starting to feel like myself again. I still have no idea what happened or what caused that spell and pray that I never have another. It really took it out of me. After it kinda passed and I managed to get back into the bed, I thought how rough that would be on my family had that been it for me. I figure they wouldn't have been looking for me for a few days. By then, the dog would've probably died too.

I figure dieing isn't something I fear now that Jesus Christ has saved me from eternal death, but although I know that I shouldn't fear it any more than I would, say, fear falling asleep, I don't want to die any more than the next guy. I mean, sometimes I get upset about things and think I do want it all to be over. This struggle with sin is so rough sometimes, but then I come to my senses and realize that once the chips are down, there's no way I'd choose to go out. My work here isn't done and there's so much good in my life. I certainly don't want my family to be missing me. I know all I have is the dog, but I figure he'd end up at Mindy's or at Mom's if I were to die right now and that'd be good.

Anyway, I'm getting hungry again. I figure Mom will be home in an hour, so I'm going to see if I can find something to throw in a pot for supper.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stitching Project: Bear

Found a pattern for a simple bear on pinterst - decided to do one of them yesterday evening. It didn't take long and I think it turned out ok. What do you think? I'm not crazy about the shape of the arms - am going to make those a little different next time. I enjoyed doing it so much that I think I'm going to re-purpose those millions of old shirts into cute little plush dolls I can send with our church members when they go on various mission trips. And I should have enough left to put into an Operation Christmas Child box or two this fall.

Hang a Star - Illustration

The original sketch for "Hang a Star". I love to draw snowmen and little animals in scenes. Here's the completed illustration - colored digitally in photoshop.

Curse of Royalty Series is available now!

Curse of Royalty 4 Volume Series Read them now! All four volumes are available at Smashwords at a discount! Or get them at Barnes & Noble or Amazon or request them with Overdrive . And just for you sweet people who visit my blog - discount codes!   Drayden's Queen, Vol 1, FREE on Smashwords . No code needed. Abandoned Queen, Vol 2 , discounted 75% on Smashwords. Enter code: ED27P   Foolish Queen, Vol 3 , discounted 50% on Smahswords. Enter code: BG78W   Cursed Queen, Vol 4 , discounted 25% on Smashwords. Enter code: RN63N